Funding Criteria and Grant Details
To receive a grant from the Public Lands Fund, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Be a 501c3 organization or be fiscally sponsored by a 501c3 organization
- Be based and operate in the United States
- Have a primary or programmatic focus on conserving or improving land that is open to the public and/or improving access & equity in the outdoors.
- We seek to support organizations who are working directly with underserved communities, and organizations who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color-led, LGBTQ+-led, or Veteran-led.
The following initiatives are currently not eligible for a grant from the Public Lands Fund:
- Green building projects
- Political campaigns
- Endowment funds
- Organizations without 501c3 status or a fiscal sponsor
- Organizations that discriminate based on ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age, citizenship or veteran or disability status.